• 600-800g x boneless chicken thighs (chopped into cubes)
• 2-3 cms grated root ginger
• 1 x fresh red chilli, finely chopped and seeded
• ½ tsp chilli powder
• 1-2 tsps coriander powder
• 15g pack fresh coriander, chopped
• Juice of 1 lime
• 2 tbsp coconut oil
• 1 x red onion, finely chopped
• 2-3 tsps ground turmeric
• 400 ml coconut milk (can)
• 1 x organic chicken stock cube, gluten-free (e.g. Kallo)
• 6 x white button mushrooms, sliced
• 1 x red pepper, sliced
• 160 mls coconut cream (can or chilled e.g. Alpro)
• Optional extras : broccoli, green beans, peas
• Put ginger, fresh chilli, chilli powder, coriander powder, half the fresh
coriander, lime juice and 1 x tbsp coconut oil into a bowl and mix.
• Slice the chicken thighs into small chunks and add to the bowl. Stir
well and leave to marinate until ready to cook (i.e. a few hours for
• Heat the remaining oil in a wok, add the onion and stir-fry until soft.
• Stir in the turmeric and cook for 1 min more, stirring well.
• Add the chicken mixture and cook over a high heat until the chicken is
fully cooked. Pour in the coconut milk, add the stock cube, then cover
and simmer for 10 mins.
• Add the chopped mushrooms, red pepper (and any other chopped
vegetables), coconut cream and simmer for a further 10 mins.
• Sprinkle the rest of the fresh coriander on top and serve with pilau rice
and a green salad.