• 115g salted organic butter
• 100g light muscovado sugar
• 50g caster sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 large free-range egg
• 100g brown rice flour
• 40g arrowroot starch (or tapioca or cornflour)
• 85g ground almonds
• 10g ground linseed
• 150g dark chocolate chips
• 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
• Line two cookie trays with non-stick baking parchment.
• Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla extract until pale and smooth.
• Beat the egg with a fork and add to the butter mix gradually, beating
well between each addition.
• Sift in the rice flour, arrowroot, ground linseed and baking powder.
• Add the ground almonds, stir into a smooth dough and add the
• Form the dough mixture into a sausage using cling film, chill until
firm and slice into biscuits. You can store the cookie dough mix in
the freezer for two months and just slice off when required.
• Bake at 190ºC (180ºC fan) for 10 minutes until golden brown and
firm to the touch.
• The cookies will still be soft in the centre, but will crisp up a bit when they cool.