Recipe Corner: Cauliflower Curry
adapted from thecandidadiet.com
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 courgette, sliced into ½ inch thick half moons
- 1 chopped onion (small)
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 thinly sliced celery stalks
- 2 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- Pinch of salt (to taste)
- 2 cups of water or vegetable broth
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat.
- Sauté the onions and celery for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and continue to sauté for another 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the coriander, cumin, ginger, turmeric and chilli flakes, stir and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the cauliflower, courgettes, tomatoes, salt and water/broth.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer with the lid on for 20 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Add the spinach and simmer uncovered for another 4 minutes.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper if required.
- Serve and garnish with the finely chopped coriander.